What is GATE?
What is GATE?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
GATE is Computer Based Test
GATE Tests for Engineering and Science Subjects Proficiency and Understanding
Who conducts GATE?
GATE is Conducted By Indian Institute of Science and 7 IITs - For National Co ordination Board – GATE - Department of Higher Education- HRD Ministry
Who uses GATE Score?
Where to use GATE Scores?
Usefulness of GATE cores
GATE Score is evaluated for admission to post graduate education programs
GATE score is used for recruitment purposes in public sector undertaking for entry level engineering jobs.
Validity period of GATE Scores?
Validity – Scores are valid for a period of 3 years
When is GATE Conducted?
GATE is conducted once a year (usually in the month of February)
Who can appear for GATE?
The following are eligible for GATE:
Engineering or architecture -
Final year students or
Graduates of Bachelor's degree
Master's degree (or equivalent) in,
computer applications or science
1. Aerospace Engineering - AE
2. Instrumentation Engineering - IN
3. Agricultural Engineering - AG
4. Mathematics - MA
5. Architecture and Planning - AR
6. Mechanical Engineering - ME
7. Biotechnology - BT
8. Mining Engineering - MN
9. Civil Engineering - CE
10. Metallurgical Engineering - MT
11. Chemical Engineering - CH
12. Petroleum Engineering - PE
13. Computer Science and Information Technology - CS
14. Physics -PH
15. Chemistry - CY
16. Production and Industrial Engineering - PI
17. Electronics and Communication Engineering - EC
18. Textile Engineering and Fiber Science - TF
19. Electrical Engineering - EE
20. Engineering Sciences - XE
21. Ecology and Evolution -EY
22. Life Sciences XL
23. Geology and Geophysics - GG
GATE Test Duration – 3 Hours
GATE Total Marks - 100
GATE - The question paper consists of
Multiple-choice type questions
Numerical answer type questions
GATE examinations is also conducted in Nepal, Singapore, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates.
For Competitive and Entrance Examinations Practice Tests